This is a perfect make-ahead dessert that will impress your family and guests. Chewy, crunchy, healthy, and just plain yummy! And it only takes a few minutes to make it up!
1 ½ cups Whole raw Almonds and or Pecans
1 ½ cups Regular oats or
(1 cup Oats and ½ cup Sprouted Buckwheat combination)
¼ cup Coconut Flakes
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
10 Medjool dates, pitted
½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spices
½ cup Coconut Oil
25 Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup Hot Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
* Coat an 8 x 8 pan with a light mist of pan spray.
* In a food processor, process the nuts, salt, and oats and/or buckwheat until a crumble forms.
* Add in the dates and process until crumbly again. Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture and process until it will stick together when squeezed.
* Remove from processor, set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture for later. Press the rest of the mixture very firmly and evenly into the pan.
* Next blend the dates and water in the blender until a paste forms. Scoop out the date mixture onto the crust and gently spread with the back of a wet spatula until even.
* Sprinkle on the 3/4 cup of mixture you set aside and gently press down with fingers. Top with flaked coconut.
* Refrigerate in the fridge until firm for at least 1 hour, but best to leave overnight. Cut into 25 squares and serve.
* Store in the refrigerator.
Serve with a dollop of Dream Cream – (see recipe on next page)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.