If you like this recipe, there are many more in our ebook on Breads, Wraps, and Crackers
Special Note: This is our favorite substitute for bread. Its full bodied flavor makes any sandwich delicious. It’s pliable, tasty, and super delicious, quick to prepare, without any machinery – except the dehydrator, of course, and so versatile. Plus, it’s full of nutritional value.
3 large Sweet Onions
¾ cup Flax Seed, ground
¾ cup Sunflower Seeds, ground
⅓ cup Olive Oil
¼ cup Tamari, unfermented Soy
½ cup Black Olives
½ cup Mushrooms
1 Jalapeno pepper
2-3 med Zucchini, grated small
1 med Yellow squash, grated small
- Peel & halve onions
- Process in food processor with the grating blade, or dice in small chunks
- Transfer cut onions to a large mixing bowl
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well
- Spread 1/4” thick on solid dehydrator sheet
- Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 8 hours
- Flip and peel off the sheet
- Continue dehydrating for another 8-12 hours or until the flexibility you desire. It should be dry but slightly flexible.
- Cut into 9 squares per sheet.
- One recipe makes 1 dehydrator sheet
- Store in air-tight container in refrigerator if there is any moisture. If none then it can be stored on a shelf.